Friday, January 6, 2012

Rahman - Over The Years

Edit: Updated on Jan 6, 2015 - the master's 49th birthday.

This is a Smart Playlist that I made highlighting the top rated A. R. Rahman songs in my collection.

It's not authoritative; I would have underrated some songs and hence they don't show up on this list and overrated some that are on the list. Worse, I don't have some even in my collection.

Putting that aside, the list just goes show how he has produced brilliant music consistently over the years.


Today is his birthday. Hope he continues to delight us ad infinitum!


P.S. : I would love to discuss additions and omissions, what should have been there and what shouldn't :)

Image taken from here.

3 comments:

  1. nice list...few of these can be added.. takshak - bheegi bheegi .. guru - jaage hai der tak ... kanathil muthumital...indira - Lali Lali - iruvar - sasivadaney.. palike gorinka song....sakhi .. lukka chuppi -- munbe vaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. meherbaan from ada...humma humma from bombday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most of them are in my favorite list too :)I would have included

    1. 'Marumallelo Ee Jamantha' from Amrutha (One of my favorite melodies. The flute interludes are awesome)
    2. 'Nachle' from Lakeer (I like the Hindi version better than Telugu or Tamil.
    3. Mehendi hai rachnewali from Zubeidaa (Too girly though) :)
    4. Tanha Tahna from Rangeela (Super tune)
    5. Sunta Hai from Pukar

    I'll add more when I remember :)

    ReplyDelete